Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fourteen Joys and a Will to be Merry


Blazer:  Pendleton/Vintage/Thrifted, Sweater:  Doncaster Tanner, Jeans:  Domain/TJ MAXX, Boots:  Jessica Simpson/TJ MAXX 



I'm really not much of a layer-er.  I don't like feeling bulky or that I'm wearing half my closet.  While others pull off the layering with panache, I'm more comfortable keeping it on the simple side.  However, imagine my surprise when I went to put this vintage red blazer back in the closet and thought, "Just for fun, let me see if it will go over this sweater".  What d'ya know?  I guess I can kind of get my layer on!  I'm completely feeling the mixing of colors...the red with the khaki...and I'm also thinking, "Why am I not wearing this cherry red blazer ALL the time?!?!"

And how do you like my new boots?  On Christmas Eve, my sweet husband took me to lunch and announced that after we ate we were going to get me a brand new pair of boots (I've been wanting a pair!)  And while he knows I love thrifting, every now and then it's nice to have something brand spanking new!  These are Jessica Simpsons, all leather with a suede heel (I sound like one of my eBay descriptions!) and I'm not going to lie.  I have to practice wearing them!  But they're soooooo worth it!

On another note, my sweet friend, Patti from Not Dead Yet Style presented me with the Liebster award!  This is what the Liebster is all about:

Liebster means "dearest" in German, and this award is given to bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.  All that's asked is that the recipient do the following:

1.  Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2.  Reveal your 5 blogger picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3.  Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4.  Hope that the people you have sent the award to will forward it to their favorite bloggers.

I wasn't really sure who had how many followers, so I had to go back and check, but here are some that came to mind right away:


The Frump Factor - I have no idea how many followers Anne has.  She's so fabulous that she should have a kazillion!  But all I know is that I just ADORE her and this is a perfect opportunity for me to tell her so!
Everything Just So - Jill is one of those women with whom I just relate.  I can't explain it.  I look at her blog with the fabulous pictures of the FIT and her writing and I just KNOW that she and I could chat for hours over coffee!
Confessions of a Thrift Shopaholic - Jessica is the only blogger that I know face to face.  We used to work together and oddly enough, got to know each other better through blogging.  She's got an amazing eye for thrifting and a knack for making thrifted items look designer.  Love love love that girl!
She Accessorizes Well - No pun intended on this, but Debbi has some of most beautiful accessories of anyone I've seen!  Seriously, big name bloggers can't touch her for originality and quality.  She also has LOVELY hands and a fantastic southwestern art collection!  
Carpe Diem Gorgeous! - Colleen is not a style blogger, but what can I say? I NEVER read her blog without being moved.  I feel like Colleen is my soul's twin.  She lives in Norway, so it's doubtful we'll ever meet in person.  But she writes so many things that I feel, but in a stunningly beautiful prose that leaves me always wanting to be more grateful.  And what's not to love about someone who makes you want to be a better version of yourself!?!


I really could go on.  There are so many of you that I consider friends.  It's a gift to meet women whom I respect and admire.  NOT because of their beauty or their closet; but because they share their hearts.  I can't thank you special women enough for that!  Group hug everyone!


Title Lyrics.....Sentimental Lady by Bob Welch

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations, my dear Serene. You are pure light in the dark.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serene, your new boots are hotness!! Yay for the lovely award and the lovely ladies you've passed it on to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sacramento! Thanks so much!

    Rocquelle! you are just too kind! I'm glad you like my boots.....I'm thinkin' they're hotness too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the boots!! And I really like the look of the camel and red together...we must layer in SA, because the morning is cold and the afternoons warm. I hit sales and thrift shops today...I so wish we could shop together...I could use you at Goodwill!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you resurrected the cherry blazer. It's a great color on you. I know exactly what you mean about needing to practice walking in heeled boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red blazer is HOT, and boots are hotter still - wow, those are fabulous. You look stunning and it sounds like your husb is a sweetie : >

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, thanks! I wish we lived closer or at least that I could come to SA and hit the thrift stores with you! Then we could go out from some FABULOUS Mexican food!

    Terri, Thanks! I'll be sporting these boots out and about in no time...just want to make sure I can stay vertical in them!

    Patti, thanks so much! I love love love these boots adn you hit the nail on the head! My husband is SUCH a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh you look sexy! Love this look on you, in fact you look slimmer than usual, perfect outfit! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Shey! I'm inspired by you working the skinny jeans lately!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much Serene, I so appreciate your wonderful words and feel the same about you!! I have been such a slack blogger lately but will totally get on this!!:) Beautiful blazer by the way...I love the way the red just pops! And we may yet meet (that hopefully doesn't come off sounding like a threat;) because who knows where in this world we will end up?:) Hope your new year is beyond what you hope...all the very best to you and yours Serene!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The jacket and sweater on this post have a great fit and I love this color combination! Happy new year to you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Serene -- you are just so very kind! Have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful boots! I love the feminine detailing of back lacing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new boots! And you look fabulous in red!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene