|It's all thrifted except for necklaces. I stacked two necklaces....one from JCP and the other a gift from my sister.|
Two things I love are present in this outfit: Black and high waisted. What's so great about those two things?
- looks great on most people
- figure flattering
- easy to mix with color
- great backdrop for statement pieces
- shows off the smallest part of the torso
- lengthens the leg
- belt friendly
- alleviates the hated "muffin top"
- allows almost every body shape to tuck in shirt
- pants don't slide down
So there you go! Yes, I know color is wonderful and a lower rise has been popular for years now. But sometimes you just have to shake it up! The lesson here: Wear what you feel great in regardless of current trends or sartorial opinions!