Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A good rule to follow (when it comes to dressing)

*Show your skin on the top or on the bottom....NOT both


 photo shortskirt_zps37940068.jpg
Via and via

So I realize I have a bit of a Pruddy McPrude living inside me.  And I'm totally cool with that.  However, this isn't coming from Prudy, but rather from a concern that we've crossed some lines of appropriateness in a rush to wear whatever we want.

Legs are gorgeous!  So is a bit of decolletage!  Not a thing wrong with showing both off.  But a good rule of thumb is:

If you're showing a lot of skin on top, be more conservative on the bottom.  If you're showing a lot of leg, keep the top more covered.

Too much at both ends and it's just and eye jarring barrage of skin.

This is a rule of thumb that I use for myself and  I've passed onto my daughter.

 But what say you?  Prudish or appropriate?

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Totally agree, Serene. And at age 58, I show just a *little* of either : > xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, although I have to say that the condition one's skin-is-in might dictate how much is shown. But then, whatever makes you comfortable should be part of the criteria, too. I'm personally not comfortable showing much at all, but I can appreciate a 90 year old who could care less. I think the question should be, who is it for? A young person trying too hard to be "sexy" is sad, but an older person expressing her freedom could be liberating. But a young person with that same attitude could also be liberating. I don't think there are cut and dried answers here. I just know what works for me and I try not to deny someone else their choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pruddy McPrude - great name! Before moving to Oklahoma, I totally agreed with you. But when it gets up to 116, I can understand wearing as little as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I don't know that I could argue with that! I feel hot all the stinking time and NC, like OK is CRAZY HOT in the summer!! I just can't do sleeves!

      Delete
  4. I agree...I read Victoria Beckham's autobiography a few years ago (or whatever you want to call it). She's so funny and she says that her mom always told her, boobs OR legs, not both...and if you pay attention to her clothing, that's what she does. And the clothing she designs is the same way...smart woman. good mom and wife...I think she's a riot!

    And yeah, I understand the NC heat/humidity, as we are Texas natives....heat and humidity. We're in CO with little humidity, but I find myself doing the same thing...one or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 53 and really don't show a lot of either. I think skin really changes over time and starts looking saggy and crepey in the arm and knee area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog was… how do I say it? online-essay-writer.org Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something which helped me. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you looking for a boho online shopping store in USA? then visit Spirit Wanderer. The store offering the swimwear, women's boots, boho bracelet set and much more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene