|Top: Doncaster THRIFTED, Pants: J Crew , Shoes: THRIFTED|
|Shirt: THRIFTED, Skirt: Vintage THRIFTED, Shoes: Stuart Weitzman THRIFTED|
|Silk Blouse: THRIFTED, Pants: Kenneth Cole, Shoes: on loan|
|Silk Blouse: THRIFTED, Pants: Ann Taylor Outlet CLEARANCE, Shoes: Stuart Weitzman THRIFTED|
After a week of PMS-ing, I felt like it was an ideal time to focus on what I love about being a woman. I mean when you're having cramps, hot flashes, head aches, back aches, leg pains and intermittent attacks of insanity; it certainly helps to focus on the positive! So here goes: Ahem (Throat clearing)
Why I love being a girl! by Serene
1. First and foremost, I get to be the pretty one in my marriage! Now my husband is sooooo handsome and supremely masculine. But one of the things I love is that he's not PRETTY....I get to be the pretty one. I get to be the one that takes an hour to get ready, that gets to bat my eye lashes, that gets to look at myself in the mirror several times a day and the one that (most of the time!) smells pretty!
2. I get to mother! As it happens, I have 5 children including my stepdaughter. So I may biologically be a mother, but I've mothered plenty that weren't mine and if you think about it.....you probably have too! On Mother's Day, I give best wishes to EVERY woman because if you're a woman, you've mothered someone whether you realize it or not. It's in our nature to nurture!
3. I get to have an ABSURD amount of shoes! SHOES!!!! GLORIOUS SHOES!!!! Oh my! I love me some shoes!!!! Most especially heels! While dancing all this past weekend, I took off my shoes once and quickly put them back on. It was actually more comfortable for me to dance in heels than bare feet. Go figure!
4. I get to wear BEAUTIFUL things!!! I'm so loving silk lately. It just feels amazingly like feathers on my skin.....like it's just barely there. I come across beautiful stunning prints that I would NEVER be able to wear if I were a man.
5. I get to blame crap on hormones! Am I a bit pissy today? Oh, I'm sorry....it's my horror-mones. I know I'm super sensitive. It must be these dang hormones! YES! I'm really going to eat 2 cheese coneys, a large order of tater tots with a side of jalapeno poppers and gallon of diet coke! But it's just a snack! I'll still cook dinner! Does that sound like a lot? Hmmmmm....I must be hormonal......
So tell me girlies....what do you love about being a girl, chick, dame, broad, bad mamajamma, shawty, or lady!