As of late, this has become my uniform....pencil skirt, sleeveless blouse and heels. It's just such a no brainer for me that it makes getting dressed quick and easy!
I've been thinking about cooler weather clothes and how I'm going to stay warm this winter. Last year I experimented WAY too much and was far more concerned with something being "blog worthy" than actually if I really liked it. This year, I'm having none of that. It's completely about what I feel good in and what I love. So here are some things that I WILL be wearing the heck out of this fall/winter:
- Hose: That's right. You heard me. Panty hose. I'll be trying out different neutral shades of panty hose. I'm thinking taupe, browns, blacks, grays and maybe some metallics. I know there are mixed reviews on panty hose, but frankly.....I'm just going to say it......I like them! Hose will allow me to wear all kinds of shoes and NOT rely solely on boots.
- Fishnets: This may fall under the category of hose, but I stinking LOVE fishnets! Except this year I'm going to get black ones and flesh colored ones. The flesh tone fishnets give enough texture without all the color.
- Dark tights: Last year I really tried to embrace the colored tights thing. I realized, it's just. not. me! While you won't find me in colored or patterned tights, you WILL find me in dark tights such as blacks and browns. These just look good with everything!
- Clogs: Bring on the clogs! I've got about 3 pair of really great clogs that I intend to wear the fool out of! I get really bored with non-stop boots. And sometimes, it's just too cold for regular shoes. Enter the clog. A pair of black clogs with black tights = you're DONE! Goes with EVERYTHING!
- Blazers: I LOVE blazers and have amassed quite a few. I plan to really get some wear out of them as things cool down. With blazers, you can just go crazy. They can be bright. They can be fitted. They can be loose. They can belted (which I intend to do a lot of). They're amazingly versatile and the thrift stores are FILLED with them!
- Colors: Things tend to get dark when the mercury nose dives; but I refuse to go through the next 6 months or so in heavy neutrals. I'm going to make sure to keep color in the rotation.
- Vintage: At the end of last Winter, I thrifted some AMAZING long vintage coats, a gorgeous sweater dress and some great vintage sweater. My passion for vintage knows no seasons, so expect to see vintage carry me into the winter and beyond!
So there you have it! That's what you can expect from me.....but what about you? What are your essentials for the cooler weather?