Friday, January 27, 2012

Hey Hey Paula....We finally got to meet!



BLAZER:  Vintage Pendleton..Thrifted, SKIRT:  Leather Wilsons's Thrifted, BOOTS:  Bandolino....had for years, SHIRT:  J Crew hand me down.  

Wednesday was a GREAT day!  I got to meet.  IN PERSON. PAULA of FASHION OVER FIFTY!

There are 3 bloggers that I met almost immediately when I started blogging.  Paula, Terri and Pam.   I've met many more great women since, but these three have been there since the very beginning.  These women have been more than just fellow bloggers; they've been friends.  Paula prods me to get out of my comfort zone and embrace color!  Terri makes me think.  I mean REALLY think and ponder things, and there's also in her, an element of mischievous fun to her.  Like a really staid personality that belies a sharp wit.  Pam reminds me to "redeem the time"....to move forward toward my aspirations.  How precious to have these women in my life, even if it's just cyberly!

I met Paula at the Starbucks by my apartment.  As soon as I walked up, she ran out and it was as if she jumped off the pages of her blog!  A very Merry Poppins surreal moment!  We sat and chatted for over an hour and we ran out of time before we ran out of conversation.  We talked about EVERYTHING!!!  Family.  Style.  Aging (she helped me out sooooo much with this one!  helped me to see that I wasn't losing my mind!) .  Blogging.  What we love about blogging.  What we hate about blogging.  And to be honest, when she and her sweet husband were driving off, I thought, "MAN!  I wish she lived around here!"

Do you ever wonder, as you read your favorite blogs, "Would I be good friends with this woman if I met her in real life?"  And it's just so cool when you meet one of your closest blog friends and realize that "style" is the LEAST of what you have in common!  That the woman behind the pretty poses and witty prose is not just another pretty face.   She's a kindred spirit!  And that's something to be thankful for!

Paula, I hope this is the first of MANY get togethers!  You made my week!!!  You most definitely are a KINDRED SPIRIT!

Right before Paula got back on the road!

Just like on her blog!

Paula

Me right before Paula got here!


HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!


Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Awww Serene! You brought a tear to my eye, GF! so nice to meet you too!!! It gave me lots to talk about on the drive..

    My only complaint: Not enough time--and I LOOK AWFUL IN THAT LAST PIC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous, girls!! Wish I had been there...how much fun would it be for all of us to meet!! You both are awesome and I do feel like we are friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous. I haven't met any bloggers and you've met three. Including Terri. And they've got to meet you. Just jealousy all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in among the jealous (but Paula is on her way to Florida, hooray!) You two look wonderful together, what a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you!! you both looked super cute, too. Red is a fabulous color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's really cool you got to meet one of your blog friends in person :) I always think you can tell if you'd get along in real life from the way they write & present themselves on their blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula and I talked about that! I don't know if I regularly follow anyone that I don't think I'd be GREAT friends with in real life!

      Delete
  7. SO nice that you two were able to meet! You two look like best of buddies. I would love to meet up with you wonderful bloggers someday. Serene, you look fabulous in black & red! Paula's so cute in her cool sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeannie! Don't you live in the south?

      Delete
  8. So nice you got to meet with Paula! So bad I live so far away and i can't meet you girls!The leather skirt seems so great!I'd love to have one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so cool!! Were you nervous about meeting her? She does look the same as on her blog and dressed comfortably for a travel. What did you guys do with the husbands during this hour that wasn't long enough?

    And, yes, it's true that the four of us formed a bond early on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I was excited more than nervous! I briefly thought, "what if I don't recognize her!". :). But that was just absurd because I recognized her right away! My husband was at work. But her husband walked around and was so incredibly patient. Didn't rush us at all! It Was so much fun.....we really MUST try to figure a way for us all to meet!

      Delete
  10. I love your sweet description of the three bloggers you first "met". I'm glad you got to meet Paula in real life.
    I love this outfit on you. Every piece is wonderful and works perfectly together. Great earrings with your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so envious! What fun that must have been. I do occasionally fantasize about a big ole' blogger meetup with all of you, but my, we certainly are flung around the globe, aren't we? How wonderful that you worked it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hallo Paula! So good to able to meet up with a fellow blogger. I think I would be pretty nervous. You gals look fabulous together!


    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun that the two of you met face to face. The connection comes across in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great look & that is so cool that you got to meet Paula!

    http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hallo wunderschöne frau..dein foto gefällt mir..du bist echt süsse..hübsche.du siehst super sexy im lederrock aus...geiler weiter lederrock gefällt mir wow geiler lederrock....würde gerne das mal live sehen wollen wenn du den lederrock trags....l.g.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene