Friday, November 18, 2011

"This place is warm without a care..."

Taken by my Sweet Baby on our anniversary!


If we were all in a room, I'd give everyone of you a BIG hug!  Simply put, I've missed you!  So, where have I been?  Why the blogging hiatus?  Well a few reasons:


Made a MAJOR move!  


We moved a couple of weeks ago from a small town to a BIG city!  Same state but completely different.  I went from a town in which we had to drive 30-45 minutes just to visit a Starbucks in a grocery store to living in an "urban village" setting with Starbucks right below our balcony!!    My husband expressed the magnitude of this change best when he pointed out that we moved from a county with a population of about 63,000 people to a county of 900,000!  That being said, I really love it here!  Leaving a town that has meant a lot to me over the past 7 1/2 years was emotionally gut wrenching....I think I cried every day for two weeks.  Not that it was a sad move, it was just difficult to move away from so many people that I love so much!    Our final Sunday at church, I just wanted to curl up in the fetal position on a pew!!  But oh how rich with friendships my life is!!


Needed a break.....


One thing I absolutely DON'T want to do is just fill empty space.....not in my life, not in my closet, not in my conversation and not on my blog.  I want my posts to have substance, not merely be a bookmark until my next decent post.  I had to step back and just STOP TALKING (if you know me at all, you know this just is NOT easy for me.  I am a non recovering talker!!) until I had something meaningful to say.  Now I realize that often what one considers meaningful another may consider dribble; but at the very least I'D like to believe what I'm posting is meaningful.  Does this make sense?  So!  Head cleared.  Break taken.  Feeling more focused.


"Super-size that Inspiration and give me a side of fries with that please!"


Do you ever feel COMPLETELY uninspired?  I mean like where you think, "DANG!  I don't have an original idea in my head!"  Well, I was definitely at that point.  Or maybe the opposite was true...maybe I was OVER inspired.  Looking at endless blogs and magazines and just loving it all.....some mornings would find me standing in front of my closet scratching my head with a deer in the headlights look on my face.  It's like being a confident and avid reader and suddenly looking at a book and feeling illiterate!  Wait, I know I know how to read, but why aren't these letters forming words?!?!   I guess in a nutshell, my issue was that being over inspired left me UNinspired; so I had to find my inspiration again.  

And I think I have.....as I'm sitting here in Starbucks (Hello!!! Who AM I?!?!), drinking my coffee and listening to This Christmas by Donnie Hathaway, I have a big smile on my face which to onlookers may seem like a psychotic grin!!  But that's okay...I'm feeling cute, feeling the music and feeling nothing but love for all the wonderful people in my life!  


I'M BACK!

Post title lyrics:  Someday by Sugar Ray

23 comments:

  1. Serene, I HAVE REALLY MISSED YOU and at one point I thought "It feels like she moved away!" and you kind of did!! Change is hard, but can also be exhilarating! I feel as though my husband and I are on the cusp of big changes, but as if right now, I do not know what is ahead. But, you look great...your blog looks great...take some street shots of your new city if you do not know what to blog about...we love street shots of what the shops look like and what the women are wearing!! I am so glad you are back..please stick around...you were missed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, you are so sweet! I've been lurking your blog and others while I've been gone even though I haven't commented much. Thanks so much for sticking around! Huge hug to you my sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooooooooooo glad to have you back, dear Serene.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sacramento! It's great to be back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Serene! It's good to feel you in the bloggersphere again. And you revamped blog looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bella dahling! I had fun with it...I think I changed it up about 4 or five times before I settled on this. And actually, it's still a work in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see you back. You look so beautiful in that outfit! (Love the room design, too). Enjoy your new life! Pam's idea of doing street photos is a great one -- you could also document/discuss the style differences in your new neighborhood. (if you're looking for ideas). We'll read no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne, those are some great ideas! The style is certainly different as I moved from a mountain community that was much more casual. Hey, congratulations on winning the dress from Not Dead Yet Style! I can't wait to see you in it! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wondering what happened to you. I thought I had missed a post of your plans or something. I'm so glad to hear from you again. And to hear your new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, GF! I was wondering when.....
    Love the new format--is it a google one? How did you do it? I want some big changes on my blog too. As usual, we are on the same page!
    So Glad you're back~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy, looking forward to catching up on your blog! I've missed all my blogging friends and your blog ALWAYS makes me think! I love it!

    Paula, are we kindred spirits or what? Let's chat or email and I'll see if I can help you with your blog design. Hugs Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, Serene is back! I missed you. I love your new home and I totally understand your need/desire for a break. But it's darn good to see you again : >

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Serene, I have missed you! So happy to see you back and I hope you weathered the changes ok - you look as though you did. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look fabulous as ever...I love this shot of you in Star bucks, you look like a celebrity! Now I know why you've been MIA. Welcome back. I miss your outfit posts. Hope everything is settled. I like your new blog look, very refreshing! Have a happy weekend!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited that you are back and that you are starting something new. I love change, I think we all need it. Loving your Living Room!!
    Welcome back!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh and Love, Love, Love, your header !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whew! You're back. I kept clicking over here wondering where you were. I love the sound of your new place. Is that photo from inside your new home?
    Congrats on the move and I hope you feel at home there soon! (And cute new blog header!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you've returned. Happy Anniversary! And it sounds like you made a major movie - small town to big - Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Patti, Hey there! I've been keeping up with your NY excursions!

    Gracey! It's great to be back! I've been lurking on your blog and you look fabulous! (as always!)

    Mongs! I've got pictures to post, but it's just taking me some time to get back in the groove. Can't wait to catch up!

    Anne, thanks! Change can be scary but it's easier if it's just embraced!

    Vanessa, Hey girly! I've been reading about your trip and enjoying your pictures...loving the new hair cut!

    Beryl, This really is like culture shock, but in the BEST way! We love it here!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so happy to see you again! I've really missed you <3
    Congratulations on the moving - I know it's been hard, but I thing every single change in our lives brings so many new oppotunities))


    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Having just returned from a two month hiatus myself, I completely understand! I started to feel like blogging was something I HAD to do, not something I WANTED to do. Like it was a job I didn't particularly care for. So we're both back clear headed and ready to have more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back!!! Missed you and your elegance. Sounds like lots of change has been happening in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene