|Blouse: Vintage Thrifted (a new favorite!), Jeans: Ann Taylor Outlet (less than $10!!!), Clogs: Coach inherited from my fabulous mom!|
We've heard ever since we were children to NEVER give up, to NEVER quit. And while in a lot of circumstances that's good advice, there are some times when QUITTIN' is EXACTLY what we need to do! Here's 7 things that I say just go ahead and give up and quit right now!
1. Comparing - Only one person can be me and that's ME! It makes no sense to compare myself to anyone else, because it's not their job to be me and it's not MY job to be them!
2. Self Criticism - Sure I can pick myself apart, but what does that accomplish? Focusing on the positive in myself helps me to focus on the positive in you too!
3. Pleasing - It's the bane of being a woman (or maybe just a human being) that I feel the need to please everyone. But seriously, that's impossible and insanity inducing!!!!
4. Dieting - Done! Walked away from it! If my lifestyle is unhealthy, then I need to change it. And then what my body does is up to it. But dieting to lose "10 more pounds" really isn't going to change who I am in the least.
5. Anger /Resentment - Yup! I've been done wrong! And so have you! And so has everyone at one time or another! But being angry or resentful doesn't change the past, it just diminishes the future.
6. Clothes I don't love - Out. the. DOOR!!!! Time to give up clothes that make us go "hmmmm" and embrace those clothes that make us go, "Yeah baby!!!"
7. Needing to be right - Sometimes in the middle of an inane argument, I ask myself, "What's the point of this?" Often it's just me wanting to be right. If I believe I'm right, what someone else thinks really won't matter. And even if I (like a bull in a china shop) push forward and PROVE I'm right, in the end I may lose more than I've won.
Please, give me more! What do you think we need to give up on?