I’ve found myself in a bit of a dilemma. I’m experiencing inspiration overload and blog addiction. Not my blog, but others! I’ve found so many blogs of women whose style I absolutely LOVE and it’s like eating Funyons, I know you really need to put the bag down, but you just can’t seem to make yourself do it!
Then, add to that, trying different looks and styles and hating them on me while loving them on others. I’m closet confused!!!! It’s left me with a sense akin to a marriage of amnesia and schizophrenia. I can’t remember what I really like and yet I seem to like everything but none of it feels like me.
“AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!! You’re EXASPERATING Charlie Brown!!!!”
SO! In an effort to make sense of some things, I’m thinking out loud here and making a short list of the style points I’m sure of. Feel free to skip this part right here….I have a feeling it’s not going to be necessarily blog worthy, but very necessary for me and my ebbing sanity.
1. I really love vintage.
2. I favor a clean lines look.
3. While I really love layering on others, on me….hmmmm, I' accept that I’m not much of a layerer. It’s just too fussy for me.
4. I ABSOLUTELY ADORE BLACK!!!
5. Colored tights make me feel like a clown. I’m going to allow for exceptions but making an agreement with myself to admire them on others and abstain from them on me. (Parenthetical thought….I really really enjoy alliteration) (Second parenthetical thought, how often do I EVER get to say “parenthetical”? I think I need to find reasons to use it!)
6. I enjoy heels more than boots.
7. My favorite looks that I see on others have one common theme……they’re easy. They aren’t contrived, they just look effortless.
8. I favor contrasts: long over short, short paired with long, vintage with current, fancy with casual.
9. I have to have balance in a look.
10. Strong colors I wear have to be balanced by a neutral. This is just me.
11. I like my outfits more when I don’t overthink them. In fashion as in life, I screw up when I get in my head too much.
And now, I head for my closet armed with this information. Instead of a snowed in day of stalking other blogs, I think I’ll take a look in my closet and play dress up! I hope all of you have a wonderful snow day! I really would LOVE to hear what you KNOW about your style and your fashion affinities, so PLEASE share.
JACKET, BLOUSE, & BOOTS...Vintage & Thrifted