Sunday, February 27, 2011

~old lady gone bad!




Dress:  Vintage Thrifted, Belt:  Chico's (inherited from my mom), Shoes:  Worthington, Thrifted

When my daughter took these pictures for me; I think she really wasn't feeling this dress.  To her it was a bit "old lady".   I told her, it was my version of "Old lady gone BAD!".   I know; at that skirt length, the old lady hasn't gone THAT bad but believe me....this dress say's, "I wear metal studs on my Depends BABY!"

Okay, it was all about the color.  This gorgeous turquoise completely drew me in.  I added a southwest style leather belt and pointy toe shoes to keep my dress from putting it's teeth in the glass and drinking it's prune juice.  As I'm sitting here blogging this, my daughter and I were just watching Johnny Depp do an interview.  Sonja said, "Oh my GOSH!  He's going to die BEAUTIFUL!!"  I found myself replying, "You know what makes him soooo attractive?  He's completely himself.  He's unapologetically himself."  Even before he was super famous; he was eclectic and never backed away from his quirkiness.  His style is uniquely his.  In the midst of fashion and style, isn't that the challenge.  To find yourself and be that with "no complaining.  No explaining."  I love that! 

11 comments:

  1. I don't think this dress looks in the least old lady - it looks sophisticated and lady like yes and the colour is gorgeous and fresh on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dress. You make it hip with your energetic attitude. And those shoes are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veshoevius, thanks! I'm all over the color too!

    Shy.....attitude goes hand in hand with style, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU DO NOT LOOK ANY WHERE CLOSE TO OLD LADY! This color is fabulous on you and you styled the dress beautifully! Studs on Depends?? There might be a marketing opportunity there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Studs on depends? There's a million dollar idea for you!

    I love this color on you and the way you have styled it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dress, love the bowtie! ... You did a great job accessorizing it with the belt, looks so unique!

    xx
    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this color is gorgeous on you and i love the full skirt. you accessorized so well and nothing about this says you're geriatric. johnny depp IS beautiful. it's so refreshing that he is who he is without explanation. true self-confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a gorgeous dress! Not 'old lady' ish at all! The swishy skirt is my favorite part.

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is glorious, not old lady in the slightest. The colour is amazing on you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this with the brown accessories. It's a different take than wearing it with black and I think it's more stylish! No old lady here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an old lady. I love that dress. On you it swings. It's comfy and still chic. Off I go to sip some hot milk and feed the cats
    Enter to Win My Shabby Apple Dress Give-Away- the Citizen Rosebud

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene