Wednesday, March 2, 2011

~contrasts




This is a bit of a compilation of some favorites.  I picked up this vintage boy's shirt at a local thrift store and took off the flap of one of the front pockets because it was damaged.  I loved the shirt so much I really didn't care about the flaw.....and I've been surprised at how much I've worn it.  The skirt is thrifted as well and is an absolute perfect fit!  The pumps are thrifted Stuart Weitzman and are FABULOUS!  I don't think there's anything I can't wear them with.  The belt is a Chico's belt that I inherited from my mom. 

I love contrasts....casual with dressy, long with short....I think it provides some balance to an outfit.  Big party at the gym tomorrow, the culmination of alot of planning and work.  Counting on a great turnout!  

11 comments:

  1. Excellent outfit: each piece works. The skirt is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulously put together piece, on paper it shouldn't work but the photographs prove us wrong.
    I LOVE that belt. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so effortlessly classy and elegant! This is a very relaxed but lady-like look...it kind of reminded me of Audrey Hepburn, simple and beautiful!

    Have a wonderful day Serene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My eye went right to the belt...I love it and not surprised it is Chicos...I love to see how you re-make clothing...like what you did with the pocket. It looks great, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shy, thanks! I love this skirt too!

    Vix, I know! Right? It really shouldn't work....but I love how it turned out!

    Colleen, when I try to define my style to myself, elegant bohemian is what I came up with...hence the blog name. I love eclectic, but there has to be an elegance to it. Love you girl!

    Pam, I'm having so much fun making clothes to fit me and my style rather than me trying to fit the clothes. Chico's has some GREAT accessories, no? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab outfit, i really love the belt and skirt. beautiful!! :)


    Fashion Rehab

    ReplyDelete
  7. The texture of that skirt is soo pretty! Loving the blue on you!

    besos,

    ML

    Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serene--the texture of the skirt looks really interesting and the belt and the shoes make this a classy look.

    Hope the event comes off without any snags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blog!
    Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is very cute, i love your pencil skirt!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  11. great contrast, loving the top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene