Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ode to an Outfit


If I could write a poem to this outfit, it would begin, "How do I love thee? let me count the ways..." If I could write a song to it, I'm sure I would start with, "Oh my love, my darling, I hunger for your touch..." and if I could write a book, I'm sure it would begin, "Scarlett O'Hara was not a beautiful woman..." Have you ever just put something on and just felt so very much like yourself, like the style asthetic of who you are inside? It's THAT feeling I aim for in my clothes everyday!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Paula, at Fashion Over Fifty, asked the question on her blog, "What classic piece do you reach for over and over" and I replied that it's these shoes. I think a t-strap shoe is classic, retro and always looks good. I can't imagine not having these shoes and there is not a time that I wear them that I don't get compliments on them. The cherry on the sundae? I got them at a thrift store in Oregon for only $8! You gotta love it when you find something thrifted that you would have happily spent big bucks for new!



Dress......Belk($50?) gift from my husband

Sweater...... Doncaster Tanner (hand me down from my aunt)

Belt......Michael Kors via TJ Maxx ($19?)

Shoes......Thrifted a few years ago ($8)

Earrings......gleaned from Girl's night clothing exchange



An old favorite for a new favorite!

2 comments:

  1. very classic--all of it and LOVIN those tee straps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' the dress. It looks very attractive with your coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene