Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oh Yes, It's Ladies' Night!


What can I say? I'm a total girl's girl! So, Saturday night we had a girls' night at my friend, Mandy's, gorgeous victorian house! We decided to make a clothing exchange out of it. Everybody brought clothes, shoes, jewelry and accessories that they no longer wear (or no longer love) and we all picked through and left with new treasures. New to us, anyway. We had all the elements to make it a fabulous evening - food, wine, clothes, good friends and absolutely NO subject off limits!



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had the BEST time! We all picked up some great jewelry. We tried on clothes, made suggestions, drank chocolate wine and I did an impression of what a sausage being squeezed into a casing looks like as I tried to squeeze myself into a shirt 2 sizes too small for me. NOT pretty! By the way, check out Lenora in the last two pictures. What a difference a belt makes, eh?



Photobucket

Photobucket

Now about my outfit....I'm a rebel. Through and through. Magazines tell me light denim doesn't look good on my curves? Oh yeah?! Guess what?! Yeah. It's happening. It's really happening. I'm wearing light denim! How about that? (insert chest thumping and James Dean brood here). I felt soooooo, soooo, hmmmmm, what did I feel wearing this? I felt good. And good is just good enough. You know what I mean? Now that I'm on a rule breaking crime spree, look for me to break more rules in the very near future. I've had a taste of freedom and I'm not going back! I. can't. be. tamed!






Top......TJ Maxx($7)

Jeans......Ralph Lauren via Thrifted ($5)

Scarf used as belt......Inheritted from my mom.

Shoes......Kristen Davis for Belk (gift)


By the way, layering necklaces is such a great way to make a plain top pop! Go through your jewelry and try on the seemingly most absurd combinations. I'm always surprised at what I come up with when I take out preconceptions of what "goes together". A great blog for that is Kanas Couture and Second Skin Style. Both these women really inspire me with ideas and to just be true to what I love!




For all my girlfriends!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, it looks like you had so much fun. And the spread of food looks delicious.

    I like these jeans on you, especially with the scarf as a belt. I've been working on making that part of my style repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a BLAST! I love accessories, they really stretch your wardrobe. If you have any great scarf ideas, I'm all ears! There are always tons of them at the thrift stores and they just add a touch of pretty to an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great Idea--a clothes swap amoung friends--I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene