Monday, August 8, 2011

Me and you and a dog named "Blue"....



This past Thursday, I had what I call a "Maintenance Day".  I took care of some neglected grooming maintenance that could no longer be curtailed!  We have a small spa at the health club where I work.  The esthetician who works there is a friend of mine, Charlotte,  and she normally waxes my brows for me.  Brow waxing is the only waxing I get done.  Upper lip waxing leaves me with an ugly rash and any other waxing........well, let's just say, I'm not interested!  But Charlotte has gone part time and we are almost never at work at the same time.  Hence, I think 3 months went by with my brows untouched by hot sticky stuff!  Now I've done some light tweezing in between, but seriously, when I say my brows were bad.......they were BAD!  I found out that Charlotte would be in for a couple of hours on Thursday and decided to wait it out and take any spot she had available.  She took care of my brows first thing and I really think it took her about 15-20 minutes.  For you non waxers, THAT'S A LONG TIME!

Then, I got my hair trimmed.  I almost never take scissors to my hair.  Just seems like such a waste of money  and time since it's just long anyway.  But my hair had gotten so long that it was really thin on the ends.  My elegant attempt at long hair was taking a much more "earth mother, birkenstock wearing, not very elegant at all turn"!  But an inch and a half off and my hair feels thicker and healthier and I'm loving it again!

Finally, I feel like I have to say something about my dress!  I've worn it one other time on my blog and it was about 2 inches longer.  While not fully sure about hemming it, I took it up a couple of inches with hem tape.....the most wonderful thing EVER invented!  I like it this length, but not necessarily any more than I did slightly below my knee.  It's a good idea to have some varying lengths of skirts though, so I'm thinking I'll leave it like this for a while.  I absolutely love the color and my husband made me feel like a beauty queen! He went on and on about how pretty this color is on me, so guess what I may never get rid of!?!

8 comments:

  1. Blue is your color! I think I've said that before, but I love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a very classic look and it fits you well.
    The belt is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a very classic look and it fits you well.
    The belt is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color is perfect on you, as is the fit of this dress.

    And I like the bit shorter length too. I'm usually okay with a bit above or a bit below the knee equally, so I know what you mean, but I think just above the knee definitely works here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That aqua is gorgeous on you... said it before, say it again! (Love the trim --- I need one badly!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well your husband is really sweet and I agree with him, the color does look great on you and the shape of the dress is very flattering, along with the length.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous in this color! and I like the style of the dress..great for work.. Thanks for the sweet comments about my attack last weekend. I am still recovering..throat is raspy and my stomach not back to normal...I honestly think it was the new jar of spices I opened to marinate our meat in..but it is hard to pinpoint for sure...I am not looking forward to the hospital bill...that is a real bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the color is definitely great on you. I love the blue, so mesmerizing.

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene