Friday, October 8, 2010

Time to Pantic!

Hello dear reader. Meet my pants. Now say, "Goodbye" to my pants because you will never see them again. Ever. When I put these pants on this morning, I was really feelin' it. But by the end of the day, I wanted to rip them off and throw them at someone! It looks like I'm wearing some kind of huge diaper. I mean, really! I wish I could just rewind to this morning so that I could have the opportunity to NOT wear these pants. Have I made myself clear? Are you getting the picture? I'm trying to say, "I HATE THESE PANTS!" How did love turn to hate in the space of a couple of years? How could the pants that used to make me feel so cute and breezy now make me feel mute and wheezy? When did it turn? I can answer that. This afternoon around 1pm. That's when I realized, "Ewwwww.....not good".



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now, for the bright side. Apart from the pants, I actually really love this outfit. I like white or light on the bottom, so I think that really worked. The other day when I was at the thrift store, I left a vintage plaid skirt and now I feel panicky to run back tomorrow and see if they still have it. What was I thinking leaving it there? I'm anxious to mix different patterns, that's something I've never done before. And yesterday! I did my first sewing alteration project and I think I'm going to wear that tomorrow. I converted a 1X long sleeved shirt dress to a 1/2 sleeve smaller shirt dress. Altered the sides and sleeves! I feel so clever! I'm rambling now. This is what happens when you drink 2 cups of coffee before blogging. Caffeinated writing! My kids have spirit week at school this week and today was tacky day. I think the mission was accomplished. Unfortunately, their looks were still better than my stinking pants! Okay, done with the pants. Gotta go throw them away!



Photobucket

Top...... thrifted ($3.79)

Pants......Adult Diapers are Us ($ my dignity)

Shoes......thrifted(Around $5?)

Sweater......Isabella Bird via Thrifted (3.50).





Au Revoir Pants!

3 comments:

  1. I have a similar pair of pants...which I have folded and put away for next summer. I really like the blouse though. A reader at my blog suggested that it would be great if clothing, like some food items, came with expiration dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serene, I think we all like the IDEA of these pants--sort of flowey, casual and chic. But its so hard to pull that off in real life! I had a similar pair of pants years ago--and I thought I was so coool--til I saw the pictures!!!! That memory has scarred me for life on white pants-seriously. Same thing-diapers. Say goodbye...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri....the expiration date is a GREAT idea! Amazing how I've had some things for YEARS and still love them, and then I have some things for a year or less and am so over them! Paula, I have just embraced white pants within the past couple of years, but these are so done. When I got these, they made me feel so small (I had a bit of a weight complex). But since I have decided to forego using clothes as camo, I no need these babies. Sometimes seeing a photo is just the shock we need!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene