Saturday, October 30, 2010

Take 2! and 3! and 4!

One of my favorite parts of In Style magazine or Lucky is when they take one article of clothing and show you different ways to style it. The cheapskate and artist in me loves that! Making the most of my wardrobe while exercising my creativity. So, here's my take on my lovely vintage dress I wore yesterday. What surprised me was that the look that I thought I'd like the most (the long ivory vest) was actually the look I like the least. I just think it might be a bit heavy for the dress...but I'm willing to play with it some more. I wear a pair of black lace up boots in one of the looks that I used to think had to be worn with an ankle length skirt or pants. When I put it on with this dress, I got my second surprise: I really like it with shorter length dresses! Serendiptiy!!




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think I may have stumbled upon a weekly series: Taking one garment and styling it multiple ways. It's great to withdraw all rules and take some of the most dissimilar styles and blending them for fabulous results. I can't wait to come up with more surprising combinations. That way I get to say "Serendipity" all the time!

6 comments:

  1. Serene--I like this idea and I would be a faithful reader of such a post. I tend to find one way I like an item and stick to that. I agree that the vest ends up looking too...hmm, bulky? I do have boot envy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! My fave look, but all are fun, is the shorter tunic style look. That dress can be worn a million different ways...

    I love renditions, in fact, I don't think I wear the same outfit twice; it will always have a little adjustment.

    Same thing with most art projects I do-the end result is never the initial vision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looks you have put together are great! This is one of my favorite color schemes. This afternoon is when I finally found time to visit other blogs..I will be adding yours and coming back daily. I really like what you are doing.
    http://over50feeling40.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! I'd love to see that challenge play out each week!
    And my fave look is the first one, with the double bubble-hem effect. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Brilliant! especially the way you shortened the dress to a tunic - new to me, and i'm making a note of it!

    i'm forever tweaking. even outfits i mean to dupe often get little 'adjustments'. wonderful post and thank you for all your effort!!! steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. So versatile! love the first belt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene