Friday, October 29, 2010

Vintage Vulture!

There is alot to be said to "going with your gut". That's what I did with this dress. I got it last weekend at a great thrift store in my town. My daughter and I were in such a hurry..she was rushing me to the register because we had somewhere we HAD to be and I'm getting distracted at every rack. I rushed by the dresses, looked at this one sideways and like any good bird o' prey, swooped it up in my voracious jaw and dragged it to my nest! I barely looked at the size. I figured if push came to shove, I'd cut off the top and use the bottome for a skirt. Imagine my delight when I got home and it fit me perfectly!




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am bursting with ideas for this dress! I'm picturing a wide black belt and black boots. I've got a fabulous ivory scarf style sweater vest that will look great with this belted. I also tried something pretty radical (for me) but looks just adorable! I put a belt right below the elastic waist band. Then I bloused the fabric over the belt, completely hiding said belt and creating a tiered top. Add a small belt over the natural elastic waist band and I've transformed my dress into a cute little top to be worn over skinny jeans!




Dress......Vintage ($3)

Belt...... Thrifted ($.50)

Shoes......Thrifted ($8?)



Dancing Queen - That's what I feel like in this dress!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous post and FABULOUS dress! Love the stockings and the shoes with it too! You got real lucky,gf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I buy things impulsively like this too! We'd be great thrifting partners! I especially like the cut of the sleeves on this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene